THIS TERMS OF SERVICE (“AGREEMENT”) IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (“CUSTOMER” or “YOU”) AND GLEANTAP, INC. AND/OR MASTERA.IO AND THIS SITE OWNER (collectively or individually, “PROVIDER”). BY ACCESSING AND/OR USING THE SERVICES, YOU ARE AGREEING, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AS AN INDIVIDUAL AND/OR A LEGAL ENTITY, TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. This Agreement governs your use of the Services, including all related documentation. The Services are licensed, not sold, to you. Provider and Customer may be referred to herein collectively as the "Parties" or individually as a "Party."
BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU: (A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT; (B) REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER; AND (C) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE SERVICES.
- "Access Credentials" means any user name, identification number, password, license or security key, security token, PIN, or other security code, method, technology, or device used, alone or in combination, to verify an individual's identity and authorization to access and use the Services.
- "Action" means any claim, action, cause of action, demand, lawsuit, arbitration, inquiry, audit, notice of violation, proceeding, litigation, citation, summons, subpoena, or investigation of any nature, civil, criminal, administrative, regulatory, or other, whether at law, in equity, or otherwise.
- "Aggregated Statistics" means data and information related to Customer's use of the Services that is used by Provider in an aggregate and anonymized manner, including to compile statistical and performance information related to the provision and operation of the Services.
- "Customer Data" means, other than Aggregated Statistics, information, data, and other content, in any form or medium, that is submitted, posted, or otherwise transmitted by or on behalf of Customer through the Services.
- "Documentation" means Provider's user manuals, blog posts, website articles, how-to videos, presentations, guides and other information relating to the Services provided by Provider to Customer either electronically or in hard copy form.
- "Law" means any statute, law, ordinance, regulation, rule, code, order, constitution, treaty, common law, judgment, decree, or other requirement of any federal, state, local, or foreign government or political subdivision thereof, or any arbitrator, court, or tribunal of competent jurisdiction.
- "Losses" means any and all losses, damages, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorneys' fees and the costs of enforcing any right to indemnification hereunder and the cost of pursuing any insurance providers.
- "Provider IP" means the Services, the Documentation, and any and all intellectual property provided to Customer in connection with the foregoing. For the avoidance of doubt, Provider IP includes Aggregated Statistics and any information, data, or other content derived from Provider's monitoring of Customer's access to or use of the Services, but does not include Customer Data.
- "Personal Information" means information that Customer provides or for which Customer provides access to Provider, or information which Provider creates or obtains on behalf of Customer, in accordance with this Agreement that: (i) directly or indirectly identifies an individual (including, for example, names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and other unique identifiers); or (ii) can be used to authenticate an individual. Customer’s business contact information is not by itself Personal Information.
- "Services" means any product or service offering selected by Customer from any Provider website.
- Access and Use.
- Provision of Access. Subject to and conditioned on Customer's compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Provider hereby grants Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and use the Services during the Term, solely for Customer’s use in accordance with the terms and conditions herein. Such use is limited to Customer's internal use. Provider shall provide to Customer any Access Credentials neccessary to allow Customer to access the Services.
- Documentation License. Subject to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, Provider hereby grants to Customer a non-exclusive, non-sublicenseable, non-transferable license to use the Documentation during the Term solely for Customer's internal purposes in connection with its use of the Services.
- Use Restrictions. Customer shall not use the Services for any purposes beyond the scope of the rights granted in this Agreement. Customer shall not at any time, directly or indirectly: (i) copy, modify, or create derivative works of the Services or Documentation, in whole or in part; (ii) rent, lease, lend, sell, license, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Services or Documentation; (iii) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, adapt, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to any software component of the Services, in whole or in part; (iv) remove any proprietary notices from the Services or Documentation; (v) use the Services or Documentation in any manner or for any purpose that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property right or other right of any person, or that violates any applicable law; or (vi) access or use the Services, Documentation, or Provider IP for purposes of competitive analysis of the Services or Provider Materials, the development, provision, or use of a competing software service or product or any other purpose that is to the Provider's detriment or commercial disadvantage.
- Reservation of Rights. Provider reserves all rights not expressly granted to Customer in this Agreement. Except for the limited rights and licenses expressly granted under this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement grants, by implication, waiver, estoppel, or otherwise, to Customer or any third party any intellectual property rights or other right, title, or interest in or to the Provider IP.
- Changes. Provider reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make any changes to the Services that it deems necessary or useful to: (a) maintain or enhance: (i) the quality or delivery of Provider's services to its customers; (ii) the competitive strength of or market for Provider's services; or (iii) the Services' cost efficiency or performance; or (b) to comply with applicable Law.
- Suspension. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Provider may temporarily suspend Customer's access to any portion or all of the Services if: (i) Provider reasonably determines that (A) there is a threat or attack on any of the Provider IP; (B) Customer's use of the Provider IP disrupts or poses a security risk to the Provider IP or to any other customer or vendor of Provider; (C) Customer is using the Provider IP for fraudulent or illegal activities; (D) Customer, is using the Services in violation of any applicable Law; or (E) Provider's provision of the Services to Customer is prohibited by applicable law; (ii) any vendor of Provider has suspended or terminated Provider's access to or use of any third-party services or products required to enable Customer to access the Services; or (iii) in accordance with Section 6(a) (any such suspension described in subclause (i), (ii), or (iii), a “Service Suspension”). Provider shall use commercially reasonable efforts to provide notice of any Service Suspension to Customer and to provide updates regarding resumption of access to the Services following any Service Suspension. Provider shall use commercially reasonable efforts to resume providing access to the Services as soon as reasonably possible after the event giving rise to the Service Suspension is cured. Provider will have no liability for any damage, liabilities, losses (including any loss of data or profits), or any other consequences that Customer may incur as a result of a Service Suspension.
- Aggregated Statistics. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Provider may monitor Customer's use of the Services and collect and compile Aggregated Statistics. As between Provider and Customer, all right, title, and interest in Aggregated Statistics, and all intellectual property rights therein, belong to and are retained solely by Provider. Customer acknowledges that Provider may compile Aggregated Statistics based on Customer Data input into the Services. Customer agrees that Provider may (i) make Aggregated Statistics publicly available in compliance with applicable law, and (ii) use Aggregated Statistics to the extent and in the manner permitted under applicable law; provided that such Aggregated Statistics do not identify Customer or Customer's confidential information.
- Customer Responsibilities.
- General. Customer is responsible and liable for all uses of the Services and Documentation resulting from Customer’s use and any access provided by Customer, directly or indirectly, whether such access or use is permitted by or in violation of this Agreement.
- Effect of Customer Failure or Delay. Provider is not responsible or liable for any delay or failure of performance caused in whole or in part by Customer's delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under this Agreement (each, a "Customer Failure").
- Data Backup. The Services do not replace the need for Customer to maintain regular data backups or redundant data archives. PROVIDER HAS NO OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, ALTERATION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, CORRUPTION, OR RECOVERY OF CUSTOMER DATA.
- Provider Systems and Security Obligations. Provider will employ security and data breach measures in accordance with applicable industry practice.
- Customer Control and Responsibility. Customer has and will retain sole responsibility for: (a) all Customer Data, including its content and use; (b) all information, instructions, content and materials provided by or on behalf of Customer in connection with the Services; (d) the security and use of Customer's Access Credentials; and (e) all access to and use of the Services and Provider Materials by Customer.
- Fees and Payment.
- Fees. If applicable, Customer shall pay Provider the fees ("Fees") corresponding to the Services Customer selects. All payments required hereunder shall be automatically charged to the credit card provided by Customer. Customer is responsible for ensuring that the credit card provided is valid and understands that any credit card transaction commenced by Provider that is declined, delayed, or otherwise rejected may result in immediate suspension of the Customer’s access to any portion or all of the Services until such time as Customer has paid all outstanding amounts in full.
- Fee Increases. Provider may increase Fees at any time upon notice to the Customer.
- Intellectual Property Ownership; Feedback.
- Provider IP. Customer acknowledges that, as between Customer and Provider, Provider owns all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Provider IP and, with respect to third-party products, the applicable third-party providers own all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the third-party products.
- Customer Data. Provider acknowledges that, as between Provider and Customer, Customer owns all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Customer Data. Customer hereby grants to Provider a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, and otherwise use and display the Customer Data and perform all acts with respect to the Customer Data as may be necessary for Provider to provide the Services to Customer, and a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, modify, and otherwise use and display Customer Data incorporated within the Aggregated Statistics.
- Consent to Use Customer Data. Customer hereby irrevocably grants all such rights and permissions in or relating to Customer Data as are necessary or useful to Provider, its subcontractors, and the Provider personnel to enforce this Agreement and exercise Provider's, its subcontractors', and the Provider personnel's rights and perform Provider's, its subcontractors', and the Provider personnel's obligations hereunder.
- Feedback. If Customer sends or transmits any communications or materials to Provider by mail, email, telephone, or otherwise, suggesting or recommending changes to the Provider IP, including without limitation, new features or functionality relating thereto, or any comments, questions, suggestions, or the like ("Feedback"), Provider is free to use such Feedback irrespective of any other obligation or limitation between the Parties governing such Feedback. Customer hereby assigns to Provider on Customer's behalf, and on behalf of its employees, contractors and/or agents, all right, title, and interest in, and Provider is free to use, without any attribution or compensation to any party, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property rights contained in the Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, although Provider is not required to use any Feedback.
- Representations and Warranties.
- Mutual Representations and Warranties. Each party represents and warrants to the other party that:
- it has the full right, power, and authority to enter into and perform its obligations and grant the rights, licenses, consents, and authorizations it grants or is required to grant under this Agreement; and
- accepted by Customer by clicking the “I accept” button on Provider’s website, this Agreement will constitute the legal, valid, and binding obligation of the parties, enforceable against each party in accordance with its terms.
- Additional Customer Representations, Warranties, and Covenants.
- Customer represents, warrants, and covenants to Provider that Customer owns or otherwise has and will have the necessary rights and consents in and relating to the Customer Data so that, as received by Provider and Processed in accordance with this Agreement, they do not and will not infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate any Intellectual Property Rights, or any privacy or other rights, of any third party or violate any applicable Law.
- Customer acknowledges that the Services are not designed or intended for access and/or use in or during high-risk activities, including but not limited to: medical procedures; on-line control of aircraft, air traffic, aircraft navigation or aircraft communications; or the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility.
- Mutual Representations and Warranties. Each party represents and warrants to the other party that:
- Warranty Disclaimer.
- THE PROVIDER IP AND ALL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND PROVIDER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE. PROVIDER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. PROVIDER MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND THAT THE PROVIDER IP, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR RESULTS OF THE USE THEREOF, WILL MEET CUSTOMER'S OR ANY OTHER PERSON'S REQUIREMENTS, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULT, BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR OTHER SERVICES, OR BE SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, FREE OF HARMFUL CODE, OR ERROR FREE.
- Provider Indemnification.
- Provider shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Customer from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) ("Losses") incurred by Customer resulting from any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding that the Services, or any use of the Services in accordance with this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates such third party's US intellectual property rights, provided that Customer promptly notifies Provider in writing of the claim, cooperates with Provider, and allows Provider sole authority to control the defense and settlement of such claim.
- If such a claim is made or appears possible, Customer agrees to permit Provider, at Provider's sole discretion, to (A) modify or replace the Services, or component or part thereof, to make it non-infringing, or (B) obtain the right for Customer to continue use. If Provider determines that neither alternative is reasonably available, Provider may terminate this Agreement, in its entirety or with respect to the affected component or part, effective immediately on written notice to Customer.
- This Section 10(a) will not apply to the extent that the alleged infringement arises from: (A) use of the Services in combination with data, software, hardware, equipment, or technology not provided by Provider or authorized by Provider in writing; (B) modifications to the Services not made by Provider; or (C) third-party products or Customer Data.
- Customer Indemnification. Customer shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Provider and its subcontractors and affiliates, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns (each, a "Provider Indemnitee") from and against any and all Losses incurred by such Provider Indemnitee resulting from any Action by a third party (other than an affiliate of a Provider Indemnitee), including any state, local, or federal regulatory agencies, bodies, or organizations, that arise out of or result from, or are alleged to arise out of or result from:
- Customer Data, including any Processing of Customer Data by or on behalf of Provider in accordance with this Agreement;
- any other materials or information (including any documents, data, specifications, software, content, or technology) provided by or on behalf of Customer, including Provider's compliance with any specifications or directions provided by or on behalf of Customer to the extent prepared without any contribution by Provider;
- allegation of facts that, if true, would constitute Customer's breach of any of its representations, warranties, covenants, or obligations under this Agreement;
- any failure by Customer to comply with any state, federal, or local law, regulation, or ordinance applicable to the Services and Customer’s use thereof; or
- negligence or more culpable act or omission (including recklessness or willful misconduct) by Customer, or any third party on behalf of Customer, in connection with this Agreement.
- Indemnification Procedure. Each party shall promptly notify the other party in writing of any Action for which such party believes it is entitled to be indemnified pursuant to Section 10(a) or Section 10(b), as the case may be. The party seeking indemnification (the "Indemnitee") shall cooperate with the other party (the "Indemnitor") at the Indemnitor's sole cost and expense. The Indemnitor shall promptly assume control of the defense and shall employ counsel reasonably acceptable to the Indemnitee to handle and defend the same, at the Indemnitor's sole cost and expense. The Indemnitee may participate in and observe the proceedings at its own cost and expense with counsel of its own choosing. The Indemnitor shall not settle any Action without the Indemnitee's prior written consent, which shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed. If the Indemnitor fails or refuses to assume control of the defense of such Action, the Indemnitee shall have the right, but no obligation, to defend against such Action, including settling such Action after giving notice to the Indemnitor, in each case in such manner and on such terms as the Indemnitee may deem appropriate. The Indemnitee's failure to perform any obligations under this Section 10(c) will not relieve the Indemnitor of its obligations under this Section 10.
- Sole Remedy. THIS SECTION 10 SETS FORTH CUSTOMER'S SOLE REMEDIES AND PROVIDER'S SOLE LIABILITY AND OBLIGATION FOR ANY ACTUAL, THREATENED, OR ALLEGED CLAIMS THAT THE SERVICES INFRINGE, MISAPPROPRIATE, OR OTHERWISE VIOLATE ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY.
- Provider Indemnification.
- Limitations of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL PROVIDER BE LIABLE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, AND OTHERWISE, TO CUSTOMER, OR OTHER THIRD PARTY FOR ANY: (a) DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, ENHANCED, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES; (b) INCREASED COSTS, DIMINUTION IN VALUE OR LOST BUSINESS, PRODUCTION, REVENUES, OR PROFITS; (c) LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION; (d) USE, INABILITY TO USE, LOSS, INTERRUPTION, DELAY OR RECOVERY OF ANY DATA, OR BREACH OF DATA OR SYSTEM SECURITY; OR (e) COST OF REPLACEMENT GOODS OR SERVICES, IN EACH CASE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER PROVIDER WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES OR SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES WERE OTHERWISE FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT WILL PROVIDER'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO CUSTOMER, OR OTHER THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, AND OTHERWISE EXCEED ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS (US$ 100).
- Term and Termination. The term of this Agreement begins on the Effective Date and shall continue for a period of one (1) month, and will automatically renew for additional successive one (1) month terms until such time as either party terminates this Agreement (“Term”). Either Party may terminate this Agreement at any time and for any reason. Customer understands that in the event of such termination, it shall not be entitled to a refund of any payments or Fees made to Provider during this Agreement. Notwithstanding any service time remaining in the Term following such termination, Provider may, at its sole election, terminate and revoke all access to the Services immediately.
- Survival. This Section 13 and all sections of this Agreement providing for indemnification or limitation of or protection against liability as well as any other provisions intended to survive, shall survive the termination, cancellation, or expiration of this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, together with any other documents incorporated herein by reference, constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the Parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, and representations and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter.
- Notices. All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers, and other communications hereunder (each, a "Notice") must be in writing and addressed to the Parties at the addresses set forth on the first page of this Agreement (or to such other address that may be designated by the Party giving Notice from time to time in accordance with this Section). All Notices must be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile, or email (with confirmation of transmission) or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage pre-paid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only: (i) upon receipt by the receiving Party; and (ii) if the Party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
- Force Majeure. In no event shall either Party be liable to the other Party, or be deemed to have breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in performing its obligations under this Agreement, if and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond such Party's reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, tornadoe, hurricane, explosion, war, terrorism, invasion, riot or other civil unrest, strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances, or passage of law or any action taken by a governmental or public authority, including imposing an embargo.
- Amendment and Modification; Waiver. No amendment to or modification of this Agreement is effective unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of each Party. No waiver by any Party of any of the provisions hereof will be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the Party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, (i) no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any rights, remedy, power, or privilege arising from this Agreement will operate or be construed as a waiver thereof and (ii) no single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power, or privilege hereunder will preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability will not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. Upon such determination that any term or other provision is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the Parties shall negotiate in good faith to modify this Agreement so as to effect their original intent as closely as possible in a mutually acceptable manner in order that the transactions contemplated hereby be consummated as originally contemplated to the greatest extent possible.
- Governing Law. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule that would require or permit the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Texas.
- Aribtration. Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of or related to this Agreement, including but not limited to claims arising under or related to this Agreement, the Services, or any breach of this Agreement, and any alleged violation of federal, state, or local statute, regulation, common law, or public policy, shall be submitted to and decided by binding arbitration. Arbitration shall be administered exclusively by the Arbitration Association of America (“AAA”) and shall be conducted in the City of Austin, Texas consistent with the rules of AAA in effect at the time the arbitration is commenced. The Parties waive all rights to have their disputes heard or decided by a jury or in a court trial and the right to pursue any class or collective action or representative claims against each other in court, arbitration, or any other proceeding. Any arbitral award determination shall be final and binding upon the parties.
- Assignment. Customer may not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations hereunder, in each case whether voluntarily, involuntarily, by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of Provider. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section will be null and void. No assignment or delegation will relieve the assigning or delegating Party of any of its obligations hereunder. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the Parties and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other Person any legal or equitable right, benefit, or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
- Equitable Relief. Customer acknowledges and agrees that a breach or threatened breach by the Customer, Section 2(c), would cause the Provider irreparable harm for which monetary damages would not be an adequate remedy and agrees that, in the event of such breach or threatened breach, Provider will be entitled to equitable relief, including a restraining order, an injunction, specific performance and any other relief that may be available from any court, without any requirement to post a bond or other security, or to prove actual damages or that monetary damages are not an adequate remedy. Such remedies are not exclusive and are in addition to all other remedies that may be available at law, in equity or otherwise.